51st Annual Meeting Report
The 51st Annual Meeting of Live Free USA was called to order at 1:15 PM at Cabela’s Conference Center in Hammond Indiana on March 30th 2019. After the pledge of allegiance and a moment of silence for a recently deceased member the proceedings were opened. Jim Jones presented a short review of the Live Free USA bylaws focusing on the mission-statement, duties of officers and terms. Jim then presented his State of Live Free Report. The beginning balance for 2018 was $8,836.00 and the ending balance was $13,398.00. The largest income sources were book sales at preparedness expos and gun shows, and membership dues. The major expenses were printing, book purchases and event facilities. It was noted that part of the gain was from pervious investments made in 2017 and delaying some expenses until January 2019, however we still have a good surplus to use for projects in 2019. A significant part of the 2018 income was from sales at several preparedness expositions. Jim stated that he had paid his own fuel, meals and hotel bills for these and would probably not do them outside the local area in the future. Having other members do more gun shows and local expos will be important to sustaining this income.
Throughout 2018 and early 2019 there have been a number of leadership meetings, lunches and conferences in preparation for Jim’s resignation as president. Ultimately it was decided that no major reorganization would be necessary as long as we had enough capable and motivated officer candidates available. Two minor amendments were proposed to strengthen and broaden the Board of Directors. The proposed candidates represented older veteran members, and new younger members. Jim emphasized that elected officers were expected to take on specific tasks, but could build teams and designate “Deputy Directors” to support their efforts.
The following amendments were adopted
- James C. Jones will be designated as a permanent, voting Director on the Board of Directors.
- Three new Directorship will be added to the Board of Directors as follows. Director #5 will be elected for a three year term in March of 2019, Director #6 will be elected for a three year term in March of 2020, and Director #7 will be elected for a three year term in March of 2021.
The following officers were elected
- President: Mark Smith, email@example.com
- Vice-President: Ray Duensing, NWIPreparedness@gmail.com
- Recording Secretary: Beth Duensing, BethD@libertyStraightUp.net
- Membership Secretary: Zach Garza, ZackGarza@outlook.com
- Director #1: Will Garza. WillGarza@outlook.com
- Director #2: Jeff Agan, HighDrCropper@hotmail.com
- Director #5. Nick Carlson, NicknJoan@SBCglobal.net
- Founding Director: Jim Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Not up for election this year were:
- Directors #3: Larry Chisausky, email@example.com
- Director #4: Michelle Augustyn. Bristol609@yahoo.com
- Treasurer: Marie Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Jones offered some final comments and advice to the new officers before turning the podium over to Mark Smith.
Mark stated his intentions to build the organization and carry on the missions. He also indicated that the organization needs a “brick and mortar” existence and that he intends to actively seek donors, supporters and grants to that end. He planned to lead a delegation to the NRA convention in Indianapolis seeking potential support. Mark adjourned the Annual Meeting after calling on all of the officers to stay for a short Board of Directors meeting.